Clerk Recorders Office
1. The position is a full-time employee of Boone County.
2. The position reports directly to the Boone County Recorder.
3. Assist Recorder in the administration of office according to Iowa Code Section 331 (specifically section 331.602-612)
4. Work shift is 7.5 hours a day or 37.5 hours a week, Monday thru Friday. This position has been classified as FLSA Non-exempt.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Processes electronic filings and filings by mail: reviews for accuracy and completeness: ensures the payment of proper fees; index names and related documents
- Processes abstractor filings
- Researches and locates vital records as requested
- Issuing vital records, Birth, Death, and Marriage
- Help with genealogy searches
- Processes boat, ATV, snowmobile, and hunting and fishing licenses
- Process titles and liens on boats, snowmobiles, ATV
- Balances daily receipts
- Sends copies of Surveys, Corner Certificates, Groundwater Hazard Statements & Declaration of Value to appropriate offices
- All other duties as assigned by Recorder or necessary for the efficient operation of the office, which includes and is not limited to answering the telephone, assisting persons coming into office, assisting other deputies and clerks, cross-trains, providing back-up departmentally as needed, and shares responsibility for other office duties.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
One to three years of experience in clerical office work, basic accounting principles, and practices. Preferred experience in Legal Descriptions, State, Local, and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to the recording of documents
- Typing accurately
- Proofreading skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
ESSENTIAL POSITION STANDARDS
Requires ability to sort and file a variety of material with accuracy following a designated but technical system; learn and apply departmental procedures; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; ability to establish work procedures; ability to operate standard office equipment and related hardware and software; proficient in word and excel; read technical materials and understand implications; ability to post accounts and to perform mathematical computations with speed and accuracy; make routine bookkeeping entries and fill out business forms; spell, punctuate and use proper grammar; meet public and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public; define problems and formulate steps for resolutions; perform various office support functions with speed and accuracy; ability to meet certain deadlines.
The position demands attention in maintaining accurate records. Work under pressure with interruptions and challenging deadlines.
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, and repetitive motions and occasionally requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communications is required for expressing or exchanging ideas using the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken work levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating machines and observing general surroundings and activities; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Accuracy is important to avoid errors in recording transactions. Be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations. Reliable work attendance Monday thru Friday. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and personal high level of integrity.
High School Diploma/GED, Pre-Employment Physical, Pre-Employment Drug test, Clear Motor Vehicle Record, Pre- Employment Background Check
Essential Education, Certification, and/or Licenses
Education: High school diploma or GED
$19.89 - $25.15/hour
201 State St, Boone
Did You Know
Sign up to receive notifications when board meetings and agendas are posted, job openings are announced, and more.Customize Your Notifications