Sunny · 66°

Military Records

How to request and receive a copy of military records

Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Boone County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes.

If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. Please send a photocopy of your driver’s license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued. There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Certified Copy of Military Records Application

Additional resources

Veterans Affairs Director
Steve W. Cunningham
Veterans Affairs Office
900 W. 3rd St.
Boone, IA 50036
Phone: 515-433-4904

Did You Know

Sign up to receive notifications when board meetings and agendas are posted, job openings are announced, and more.

Customize Your Notifications

Mission Statement

The mission of Boone County is to be accountable to its citizens in providing innovative and high-quality government services in an economical, fair, professional, and courteous manner to enhance and protect the health, welfare, and safety of those who live and work in Boone County.